Our Community, Our Voices. Roseville Area High School

The Ville

The Ville

The Ville

10 Things To Do This Summer

Summer is around the corner! Here are some fun things to do in and around the Twin Cities during the upcoming summer months. 

1. Saint Paul or Mill City Farmers Markets

The farmers market is a great excuse to get outside and support local farmers and vendors. Check it out!

2. Thrifting 

Need some new clothes? A vintage or thrift store is a great and affordable place to find unique clothes. Plato’s Closet, Hidden Treasures, and Rewind are great places to start!

3. Picnic in the park

What’s more Minnesotan than a potluck? Have all your friends bring a different item and have a picnic in a beautiful park! Lake Josephine, Como park, and Minnehaha Falls are perfect for this occasion.

4. Visit an independently owned bookstore

Support a local bookstore by purchasing some new reading material! Birchbark books, owned by local author Louise Erdrich has an amazing selection of Native American books and art.

5. Go fruit picking 

Explore outside of the Twin Cities and return back with some fresh fruit! Prime time blueberry picking is from mid July to August, while strawberries are snagged in mid June to mid July. Farms with berry picking open to the public include Wyatt’s Strawberries, The Berry Patch, and Little Hill Berry Farm. 

6. Go to the beach

Take advantage of one of Minnesota’s 10,000 lakes! Have a beach day with friends at Lake Josephine, Johanna, Nokomis, or many more. 

7. Get ice cream

Take a trip to get the best summer treat, ice cream. Local places like Patti’s and Connie’s are great options. For a unique experience take a visit to Nelson’s Ice Cream in the Highland area, or Cup and Cone for some “old-school” cones and sundaes located in White Bear. 

8. Go watch a free movie

There are many opportunities for some free movie showings on the big screen! Both the Roseville Oval and Polar Lale Park have a free movie each month of summer. 

9. Go on a hike

Hiking is a great way to appreciate nature and be active! Some fan favorite trails include Afton State Park (if you’re looking for beautiful nature)  and Silverwood Park (if you want a quick and easy loop).

10. Have an arts and crafts day

Get thrifty by using any art supplies around your house to draw, paint, make jewelry, or whatever else your heart desires.  Make a day of it by inviting friends!