Book Review: The Quarry Girls

Book Review: The Quarry Girls

Recently, my reading taste buds have been craving a thriller, which The Quarry Girls satisfied immensely. This novel by Jess Lourey is a must-read.

It’s 1977, and Heather is a teenager living in Saint Cloud, Minnesota. Quarry parties are all the rage, and Heather is itching to be invited to one- and her best friends, Maureen and Brenda, are ready to come along beside her.

These teen girls are always looking, exploring, and talking. But one night, in the dark, Heather and Brenda see something deadly… something that will haunt them forever. Heather begins to agonize over her situation, and finds herself not trusting anyone.

To add onto Heather’s worry, girls start disappearing. One by one, friends and strangers alike, are gone. Heather begins to question everything, and suddenly the town Heather knows and loves seems unknown, scary, and deceptive. Everyone she thinks she knows is under question- no exceptions for anyone. 

The mystery continues to grow, and Heather realizes that the only way there is going to be justice in her little town is if she takes matters into her own hands.

The Quarry Girls is Lourey’s spin on true events-  when Saint Cloud had three separate serial killers roaming in one year- 1977. I thought this book was creepy, but I also don’t like being scared. If you enjoy a scary story, being kept up at night, or a mystery, this book is for you!