Everything You Need to Know About Registration

Class registration for the 2024/2025 school year is now open to RAHS students. Registration takes place online through two different websites. The first is the registration catalog, where students can browse courses and decide what is right for them. The second website is their StudentVue account, where they actually submit their preferred classes.

Students are encouraged to submit their registration by January 12th so that their teachers can review what they signed up for and address any issues. The final, non-negotiable deadline is January 16th.

Students will select 15 classes in total, five for each trimester. Classes include required credits, which are different for each grade and can be found here, and electives. Additionally, students will submit five alternate electives in case the ones they originally chose are full or do not run.

RAHS Counselor Hannah Graham encourages students to “create a schedule that prioritizes you. Your interests, your social and emotional health, and the right rigor level” are all things that students should consider when choosing classes.

The registration process is the same this year as it was last year, but some new classes are available, including “Cybersecurity, Debate, AP Pre-Calculus, Music and Justice, and Arts and Advocacy,” said Ms. Graham. There will also be some “exciting changes in the Dual Language Spanish Immersion Program.”

On Monday, January 8th, from 5:30 to 7:00 PM, all new/prospective RAHS students will be welcomed into the building for #ReadyForRAHS night. The event is an opportunity to explore the school and learn about what school at RAHS is like.

Ms. Graham urges students to turn to their counselor with any questions. She said, “They really do know everything about registration!”