RAHS Takes Their Music on the Road

Every year, RAHS’s music groups go on short trips to different parts of the country. This year, the band is going to Nashville, Tennessee, the orchestra is going to Chicago, Illinois, and the choir is going to Saint Louis, Missouri.

The trips will take place throughout the month of April, and although the students will miss a few days of school, band co-president Sophia Seifert emphasized that these trips offer many learning opportunities.

For example, Seifert mentioned that the band attends “a clinic with a college professor where they give us feedback on our music and and tips on how to get better.”

These trips provide educational enrichment, and are also fun for the attendees. This year, the band will have the opportunity to explore Nashville, Memphis, and the Smoky Mountains.

The trips also include exchanges with other high schools. This means that the groups perform for students in the places they visit, and then at another point during the year, the school that they visited gives a performance here in Roseville.

Senior Addie Hansen will attend the choir trip to Saint Louis and is excited to explore the city and spend time with the other choir members. She mentioned that this is a great opportunity to bond with the choir and is excited about “fun social outings with the group.”

The trips are open to both juniors and seniors, so this is some students’ second trip. Seifert went to New Orleans with the symphonic band last year, and some highlights of her trip include going to a preservation hall and exploring the French Quarter of the city. They also had the opportunity to attend a clinic at LSU.