Our Community, Our Voices. Roseville Area High School

The Ville

The Ville

The Ville

Boys Swim and Dive Reaches the Finish Line

The Roseville boys swim and dive team is wrapping up the final weeks of their season. They began the 23-24 season on November 27, with their section meets occuring at the end of February. Captain Seth Johnson “Swimming is my favorite thing. I’ve been doing it for six years, and love it.” Johnson believes that his leadership abilities have greatly improved during his time on the team.

Freshman Charlie Sandhei says that his favorite part of being on the team is “the community.” As a first year swimmer, Sandhei says that he’s improved “a lot in all the events this year.” Both Johnson and Sandhei say that their favorite event is 100 meter breast stroke.

Sophomore Logan Dam says “this is my first year doing diving, because I was a swimmer last year.”

As one of the divers, Dam shares that his favorite part of the team is “how good the team is to be around and the carbo loads before our meets”. and his favorite dive is a “103b,” which is the diving term for a front one and a half in the pike position.

The diving coach for both the boys and girls team, Coach Bob Andreson has been part of the team for X amount of years. Dam says, “I just love Bob, he’s so sweet. And he actually knows what he’s doing, which is great!”

Both diver Cormac Lee and swimmer Teddy McGuire have qualified for the state tournament, which will occur from February 29-March 3.