Authorities find two guns at RAHS

On Monday, September 25th 2023, Roseville Area High School Administrators, in cooperation with the Roseville Police Department, confiscated two guns at Roseville Area High School.  These incidents do not appear to be connected at all. 

Additionally both students who brought the guns on campus were detained and Principal Dr. Jennifer Wilson along with Roseville PD are now investigating both of these incidents. 

What does this mean for Roseville Area High School’s safety? Although the school does not have an assigned Student Resource Officer, police presence was increased at the end of day Monday. Many new safety precautions have also been put in place this school year by Principal Wilson like switching raider time to rise time and delaying school doors opening until 7:45 am. 

Principal Wilson also emphasized the importance of reporting suspicious activity.  In an email to the community she wrote about the importance, “… to remind [students] the importance of saying something to a RAHS staff member, or a trusted adult if you see something that concerns you during the school day. Your safety and that of your teachers and school staff members is a top priority for all of us.” 

Will there be new safety precautions set in RAHS? Questions like these and other questions are still up in the air as these incidents continue to be investigated. 

Anonymous reporting can help save lives, and students are also urged to use this form to anonymously report anything of concern or speak with any trusted adult.