Our Community, Our Voices. Roseville Area High School

The Ville

The Ville

The Ville

Girls Basketball Season Preview

Winter is right around the corner and that means the Roseville Girls Basketball Team is gearing up for an exciting season. They will “tip off” their first game of the season on November 24th against Mahtomedi at St. Thomas Academy. The team is coming off of back-to-back state appearances and are hoping to make a repeat appearance again this year. 

Last year the girls went 19-12 overall, but this year is going to be an uphill battle with a younger team led by two senior captains, Lucy Sundberg and Kendall Barnes.

Barnes was an All-State Honorable Mention winner last year. Her leadership will be necessary for a successful season. If her play continues to mimic her competitive attitude, then it will be an intriguing season. When asked which teams she was looking forward to facing this season, Barnes replied, “Stillwater and Eastridge, because we lost to both teams last season.” 

Junior Elizabeth Grosse also has a positive outlook on the team this season. She is optimistic that the 23-24 team is developing good chemistry.  Grosse said, “We’ve only had a few practices so far, but the team is looking good. We have a lot of young and new players to Roseville that are already connecting well with the team.” 

Betty Rand (Varsity assistant coach) and Griffin Trull (JV head coach) described the goals for the year as “to play as a team with the goal of going to state and setting that standard.” And they also noted that the team is young and there is room for players to step up in a big role. 

The Roseville Girls basketball program is comprised of three different teams. The B squad (9-10th grade) is coached by Tony Schreck, JV is coached by Griffin Trull and the Varsity team is coached by Tanysha Scott.

You can come cheer on the teams at their first home games December 15th against Woodbury.