Our Community, Our Voices. Roseville Area High School

The Ville

The Ville

The Ville

Autumn Activities

Pinehaven Farm, Wyoming MN

If you’re looking for fun fall festivities to indulge in then you’re in the right place! So before the weather gets too chilly, here’s a couple activities to try:

Starting with a classic fall festivity: apple picking. Afton Apple Orchard is a great place to start your autumn adventure. They let you pick your own apples and also have a wide selection of pumpkins towards the back. Afton is also a great place overall for instagram worthy photos.

Another classic is visiting a pumpkin patch. With a quick internet search, you can find tons of pumpkin patches in Minnesota; however, locations vary on what you’re looking for. If you’re looking for a more laidback pumpkin patch and want some cute fall pictures, I recommend visiting Axdal’s Garden Farm and Greenhouse. 

However, if you are looking for a pumpkin patch with more activities I recommend Sun Country Farm. Their attractions include Hay rides, a corn maze, a petting zoo and so much more. However, it’s important to note that their pumpkins are already pre-picked and located in a shop for purchase. For more of an extravagant pumpkin patch that has both attractions and offers a pick-your-own pumpkin, I recommend Pinehaven Farm. They offer a wide variety of attractions, games, and food trucks, as well as a hayride to their big field of pumpkins. 

For a more spooky fall activity, Pinehaven Farm also hosts The Dead End Hayride. It starts with a hayride down a scary trail where they drop you off at the beginning of a maze and It’s up to you to find your way to the end of it. Although a fun and frightening activity, note that the scare actors can touch you; there are more laid-back haunted houses to start with as well.

The Minnesota Zoo hosts a Jack-O-Lantern Spectacular. Part pumpkin patch and part art show, hundreds of carved pumpkins brightly light up a path. This event is great if you’re looking for a laid-back but intriguing activity. They also offer fall themed concessions as you amble along the path. 

Lastly, don’t be afraid to DIY a fall activity. There are tons of at home activities that are just as fun as going out. You could have a cozy movie night, bake fall treats, host a fall picnic or carve your own pumpkins; and that’s just to list a few. 

Regardless if you try any of these suggestions, I hope you get to enjoy the best season of the year!