A Sweet Fundraiser 

If you’ve been in school the last few weeks, you have probably seen people buying, selling and eating chocolate bars around the school. What you might not know is that the RAHS Choirs are running a World’s Finest Chocolate bar fundraiser to raise money for the Spring Cantus Choir trip to St. Louis and other events. 

For every box of chocolate sold, choir members will have $25 put in their “choir account” to go towards their choir expenses as well as the trip to St. Louis this coming spring. Although choir members will accept cash, a few members are also able to take other forms of payment such as Venmo, Cash app, etc.

Many choir members are enjoying the chocolate bar fundraiser, with some choir members selling almost a full box every day. Sophomore Signe Frethem (Concert Choir President) said, “I think it’s a good fundraiser overall. Lots of choir students sell a lot of chocolate, and you get a nice amount of money back from it.”

Signe also mentions that Choir is important to her “because of the skills you learn, like how to work as a team and listen to those around you.” She concluded, “It’s a safe space to go to that’s always accepting of everyone.”

Junior Ruby Larsen (Cantus Choir) added, “Choir opened up a world that I didn’t know existed.” And, “Choir made me a better person.” 

When asked about how this fundraiser helps his students, Choir teacher Kellen McMillen said, “It’s a great way for them to raise money for their tours.” And when asked if he would do the fundraiser again he said “As long as high schoolers keep buying chocolate… I think we will continue to keep selling chocolate.” 

The fundraiser lasts all year, so if you see a choir student with a box of chocolate, you know where to get your sweet treat and you can feel good knowing that it’s helping your fellow Raiders. 

The World’s Finest Chocolate Bar fundraiser is a popular fundraiser hosted by different groups and schools all over the country. The chocolate bars cost only $1 per bar and they have six different flavors to try: Caramel, Almond, W.F. Crisp, Wafer, Milk Chocolate, and Dark Chocolate.