Our Community, Our Voices. Roseville Area High School

The Ville

The Ville

The Ville

Freshmen’s First Impressions

Freedom and crowded hallways are leaving the greatest impressions this year’s 9th graders.

The Freshmen class of 2027 have just begun their journey at Roseville Area High School. We are just a few weeks into the new school year, and Freshmen have just started to experience the new academics and the RAHS environment.

Isaac Smith, a 9th grader at RAHS, values the six minutes of passing time in-between classes. Similarly Maya Black (9) values the freedom of high school, and meeting new people.

A common dislike among Freshmen are the crowded hallways during passing time. Although many teachers and BIs encourage students to get to class on time, many students wait until the last minute when the music starts playing to head to their classes causing crowded hallways up until the bell rings.  Smith also commented that he dislikes the “overcrowded hallways and stairs.” 

Most freshman are excited for athletics especially: football, baseball, basketball and volleyball. Many express they are happy with class opportunities different from middle school, such as: woodworking, photography, AP offerings, and foods. 

Black stated that the community has included her through “making sure everyone’s voice is heard and everyone is respected.” RAHS strives for equality  through equal education and opportunities.

Smith notes that the teachers create a “safe space” for students, a common value among RAHS teachers. 

Off to a strong start the 9th graders at RAHS, are excited but still uneasy about a few things. And, as the year gets rolling, the hallways and stairs tend to become less crowded.

Freshman will also experience growth because at RAHS, the community works to actively include and value all students, no matter their differences.