Off to Japan!

Emma Vang and Maddie Spiess

This summer Ms. Mfalingundi is taking a group of students to visit Japan.

These students will spend a total of nine days in Japan. In those nine days, they will spend time in Tokyo, Yokohama, Hiroshima, and Osaka where they will do some sightseeing and exploring with the leadership of an expert local guide. This trip will consist of visiting museums, parks, shopping districts, and much much more. 

Most of all, this trip is an educational experience focusing on the history of Japan and how Japan was the target of the world’s first atomic weapons in the final days of WWII.

Students will immerse themselves in the rich and diverse cultures of a country that is devoted to international peacekeeping and technological innovations. 

While in Japan, students will participate in many traditional Japanese customs, such as enjoying a traditional bento dinner, attending a traditional Japanese tea ceremony, and a taiko drum lesson. 

These excursions will also extend to various forms of transportation, including travel by bullet train, a ferry ride to Miyajima Island, and a boat ride along the Osaka River. 

The Edo-Tokyo Museum is another one of the many fascinating places they will be going to, which is the first-ever museum built dedicated to the history of Tokyo. 

They will also visit the Cup Noodles Museum in Yokohama where they will learn the history of instant ramen through exhibits and hands-on activities. 

This trip will surely be fun and educational for our high schoolers, and we hope for a safe trip and an enjoyable experience for all who are traveling there. 

Mentioned here are only a few places that this group of students will explore. If you’re interested in knowing more about the itinerary of this trip check out eftours.com.