RAHS Progressives Working for Change

Bella Long, Staff Writer

RAHS progressives club is fighting for a change. The group meets every Monday in room B117 to discuss plans. They are dedicated to many issues like: racial justice, criminal justice reform, fighting homelessness, climate change, gender equality, LGBTQIA+ Rights, and universal healthcare.

The RAHS progressives club started in 2019. This club is a student run and led group. The members of this club push for progressive policies at school and in the government, help out the community with mutual aid, educate others and themselves, and lastly they fight for a better world. 

Lilabeth Swalley, a senior at RAHS said, “ One of my favorite memories was meeting representative Ilhan Omar who is a big inspiration to me. Another one of my favorite topics to fight for a change for was the green new deal protest in Roseville because it was the first protest I attended.”

Gabi Juan Christiansen, a senior at RAHS said, “My favorite way we made a change was when it started to get cold and we made blankets and gave them to a homeless encampment. It was a small thing to do but it made me feel a little bit better that we got to make a change.”

The students meet every Monday during Raider Time and take turns presenting about the topics that they are passionate about. They also try to find solutions to problems that they can work to resolve as a group.

Some of the current projects the RAHS progressives club is working on include, on November 2nd voting yes for the school funding ballot to increase funding for our school. They also attended a  Stop Line 3 Rally on August 25th.