RAHS takes on COVID by masking up

Although most students and staff understand the importance of masks and some push back.

October 1, 2021

Roseville Area High School students returned to class in person this school fall with some new in school policies in place because of the pandemic. Many students could see this coming because of how the country has been dealing with the pandemic. After going to school online from home for over a year to being in person with masks among other changes, students will have to adjust to a new school life.

The school has had made some changes including the new sections of the school and the requirement of masks for everyone. The masks have been added in order to fight the COVID 19 pandemic by preventing the spread of the virus between students.

Some students have said they dislike wearing masks almost all day.  Senior Cody McDonough said “I understand why we have to wear them, but I also don’t think they’re necessary.”

Although some of the students feel like masks are unnecessary, the school nurse Ann Dépolis-Jones, explains that masks are more than necessary. She said, “It’s important to do everything that we can to prevent the spread of the virus. There are fully vaccinated people getting COVID, so it’s still important to wear masks.”

Even though some students think the pandemic masking rules are less than ideal, others feel like the school is handling it well. Freshman Kenneth Vicuña said, “I feel like the school is doing a good job. I don’t think I could think of anything they could do differently.”

Overall, students feel like the school is doing everything they can in this pandemic, and are fine with doing everything they can to limit the spread of COVID throughout the school.